Baked Avocado Eggs
- 2 firm (but ripe) avocados, halved and pitted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Tostitos® Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 8‑inch (2 L) square baking pan with foil. Using a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado flesh to create a divot large enough to fit an egg. (Reserve flesh for another use.)
- Place avocado halves in prepared pan so they fit snugly against each other; fold foil around avocados to prevent tipping. Crack 1 egg into each avocado half; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness, approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. To serve, top with salsa.
Tips: After baking, sprinkle crumbled cooked bacon over eggs if de‑sired. Serve with toast or warmed tortillas for dipping.