Charred Avocado and Chicken Nachos
- 2 avocados
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked and cubed chicken
- 2 cups shredded Tex‑Mex cheese
- ½ bag Tostitos® Hint of Jalapeño tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish, optional
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Split avocados in half and remove pit. Slice red onion into ½ inch thick rounds and remove peel, leaving rings intact.
- Brush avocado halves and both sides of onion rings lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Arrange onion rings on pan and cook until slightly softened and lightly charred on one side, about 1‑2 minutes. Flip onions using a spatula or tongs and continue cooking on second side. Add avocado halves to pan and cook until lightly charred and grill marked, 2 minutes. Remove onions and avocado halves to chopping board and allow to cool slightly, 2 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle slice onions into bite sized pieces. Remove skin from avocados and roughly chop.
- Place Tostitos® Hint of Jalapeño tortilla chips onto baking sheet in a single layer. Spread chicken, onions and avocado evenly over chips and sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 4‑5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve warm.