Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 cups (500 mL) Tostitos Cantina® Chipotle Thins Tortilla Chips, lightly crushed
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sodium‑reduced chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) Tostitos® Salsa, mild or medium
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Tex‑Mex seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- Lime wedges
How to make it
- In saucepan set over medium heat, bring chicken broth, chicken, salsa and Tex‑Mex seasoning to boil. Reduce heat to medium‑low; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until flavourful and slightly reduced.
- Divide among bowls; top with tortilla chips, cheese and jalapeño pepper. Serve with lime wedges.
• Serve with sour cream and cubed avocado.
• For authentic flavour, try using a fresh Mexican cheese, such as Cotija or queso fresco, instead of Monterey Jack.