- 2½ cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or ½ a fresh jalapeño, finely chopped
- ½ cup black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 bag Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips
How to make it
- Garlic paste: Mix salt, garlic and ½ a teaspoon of the olive oil to form a paste. Add chilli pepper flakes or jalapeño and chop to combine. Transfer to a small bowl and add remaining olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, olives, and parsley. Add the garlic paste and mix well. Add cumin and lemon juice, stir to combine, then taste for salt and pepper.