Chile Con Carne Tacos
- 1 jar (418 mL) Tostitos® Chunky Salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 corn tortillas (7‑inch)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
How to make it
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan set over medium‑high heat; add onion, ground beef and chili powder. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add salsa, kidney beans and 1 cup (250 mL) water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Divide chili mixture evenly among warmed tortillas. Top with cheese, red pepper and green onions.
Tip: Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with a dollop of sour cream.