Hint of Jalapeño Caprese Crostini
- 24 Tostitos® Hint of Jalapeño Flavoured Tortilla Chips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared balsamic glaze
- 1 cup (250 mL) pearl bocconcini
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely sliced fresh basil
How to make it
- Heat oil in large heavy‑bottom skillet set over medium‑high heat.
- Sauté tomatoes, salt and pepper for about 8 minutes or until skins start to blister. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until tomatoes are well coated and juices thickened.
- Arrange tortilla chips on baking sheet. Top with tomatoes and pearl bocconcini.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil; serve immediately.
• Substitute Brie or crumbled goat cheese for bocconcini if desired.
• Alternatively, use regular‑size bocconcini or mini bocconcini; cut into smaller pieces.