Savoury Sweet Potato and Brie Nachos
- 1 bag (275 g) Tostitos® Hint of Roasted Garlic Tortilla Chips
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Gouda or mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed roasted sweet potato
- 6 oz (175 g) Brie or Camembert cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C); position rack in center of oven. Arrange half of the tortilla chips in even layer on large baking sheet; layer half of the Gouda, sweet potato and Brie over top. Repeat layers once.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Turn on broiler to high for final 2 minutes. Sprinkle with dried cranberries and chives before serving.
Prepared roasted sweet potatoes are often available in the ready‑made section of grocery stores.
To make roasted sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks and toss with oil, salt and pepper, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in 400ºF (200ºC) oven for about 25 minutes or until tender and browned around edges.
Add a simple gourmet garnish by stirring together some sour cream with a bit of grainy mustard and drizzling over nachos just before serving.