Spicy Vegetarian Nachos
- 1 bag (220 g) Tostitos Cantina® Extra Thick Tortilla Chips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely shredded kale (ribs removed)
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained rinsed white kidney or cannellini beans
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- Pinch each salt, pepper and cumin
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared salsa verde
How to make it
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook kale, beans, peppers, salt, pepper and cumin for about 5 minutes or until beans are heated through and kale has wilted.
- Lay tortillas in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Sprinkle bean mixture and cheese over top; broil for about 1 minute or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with green onion and serve with salsa verde.
Tip: Add chopped tomatoes and sliced green olives if desired.