Steak and Horseradish Cream Bites
- 1 strip loin steak (about 8 oz/250 g)
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each coarse salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 bag (275 g) Tostitos® Hint of Roasted Garlic Tortilla Chips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat grill to medium‑high; grease grates well. Season both sides of steak with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium‑rare or until desired doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice very thinly.
- Meanwhile, beat together sour cream, horseradish, remaining salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Arrange tortilla chips on serving platter. Top each chip with slice of steak and small dollop of horseradish sour cream. Sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Transform into a nacho platter by arranging nachos on a serving platter, then sprinkling with shredded aged Cheddar cheese; broil until cheese is melted. Serve with horseradish sour cream for dipping.
For a vegetarian‑friendly version, substitute sliced sautéed mushrooms for steak.