Twice Baked Tex Mex Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Corn niblets
- 1/2 cup Canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Chopped green onions
- 1 cup Grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Tostitos® Mild Salsa
- 1/4 cup Tostitos® Multigrain tortilla chips (broken)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Season sweet potato with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until fork tender.
- Scoop out flesh from halves into a bowl, leaving about a 1/2‑inch (1 cm) layer inside skins.
- Set skins aside.
- Mash sweet potato flesh with butter.
- Stir in chicken, corn, black beans and green onions.
- Divide filling evenly among the four potato skins.
- Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Tostitos® salsa, sour cream and Tostitos® chips.